Tuscaloosa County Road Improvement Commission Seeks Administrator
August 27, 2019, 4:34pm
The Tuscaloosa County Road Improvement Commission is accepting applications for a part-time TCRIC Administrator. Applications will be accepted until September 27, 2019.
The Administrator shall be a part-time position charged with providing oversight of all administrative, operational, financial and project management activities of the Tuscaloosa County Road Improvement Commission (TCRIC), including but not limited to:
- Coordinate all aspects of planning, promotion and administration of monthly TCRIC meetings, including preparation of all meeting materials and recording of meeting minutes
- Provide oversight of all financial activities of the TCRIC, working in close coordination with all contracted financial professionals (accountant, auditor, financial advisor and insurance provider)
- Proactively market the projects and activities of the TCRIC to the community and coordinate all related communications efforts, including but not limited to, media relations, website maintenance, social media, quarterly and annual reports, and community presentations
- Closely monitor and serve as a primary advocate for all TCRIC-funded transportation projects, working in close collaboration with all project partners, including: Alabama Department of Transportation, City of Northport, City of Tuscaloosa and Tuscaloosa County; disseminate important project information and updates to TCRIC members in a timely manner
- Possession of a current Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in the state of Alabama.
- Ten (10) years of progressive professional engineering experience.
- Proven coordination skills with state and federal agencies.
- Experience as a project advocate, public spokesperson or subject matter expert before a governing body is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles and procedures of engineering.
- Knowledge of engineering design standards and administrative procedures and their application to various projects in varied situations including all areas of engineering and construction, contract administration, drafting, surveying, etc.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations as they relate to construction and land development, and various design standards including site plan, subdivision, zoning, control and flood plain ordinances.
- Knowledge of contract law.
- Knowledge of infrastructure maintenance practices and principles and maintenance management systems.
- Knowledge of state and federal programs, regulations, laws and administrative policies related to field of duties.
- Skill in the application of the principles of public works engineering management.
- Skill in effectively dealing with the public in general to resolve disputes or requests regarding TCRIC projects and related groups, individuals or special interest groups in an understanding but firm manner.
- Skill in reviewing complex technical designs and evaluating for accuracy and modern construction techniques.
- Skill in interpreting plans and specifications.
- Highly skilled in effective verbal and written communication.
- Skill in the presentation of issues to elected officials and the general public.
- Skill in the use of computers and computer programs.
- Ability to work with senior personnel of transportation agencies.
- Ability to review recommendations of the TCRIC; derive solutions and prepare final reports for submittal to TCRIC members on projects, budgets, contracts and agreements, and citizen complaints for engineering-related items.
- Ability to exercise supervision over and provide training for professional, technical and clerical assistants.
- Ability to prepare and administer an operational budget.
Please send a cover letter, résumé and professional references to:
Mayor Walt Maddox, Chairman
Tuscaloosa County Road Improvement Commission
P.O. Box 2906
Tuscaloosa, AL 35403
Friday, September 27th