Chamber Seeking Workforce Development Project Manager
March 30, 2017, 9:37am
The Chamber is seeking applicants for the position of Workforce Development Project Manager.
Provide administrative support for lead Workforce Team Member, workforce development activities of the Chamber, Region 3 Workforce Development Council, and West Alabama Works meetings and projects. Coordinate specific projects as needed based on West Alabama Works project flow.
Workforce Development Project Manager
- Coordinate COO’s schedule and all aspects of preparing travel arrangements.
- Prepares materials for each meeting of the Region 3 Workforce Development Council and West Alabama Works Steering Committee. Sends reminder emails and handles RSVP’s. Completes and distributes minutes and other documentation.
- Coordinates meetings, individually and through industry clusters, to determine the region’s current and future workforce needs and manages corresponding projects. Works closely with Cluster leaders to advance industry goals and achieve deliverables.
- Prepares and distributes meeting agendas and minutes for specifically assigned workforce clusters. Maintain active cluster email lists.
- Publicizes, through appropriate means, the workforce training programs available through regional training providers and provides a central point of contact for public and private entities seeking workforce training services.
- Assists with promoting all workforce development efforts for the region.
- Assists with aspects of planning and execution of the Worlds of Work (WOW) event and any workforce development related events.
- Refers any requests for training to the appropriate regional training providers.
- Provide workforce data and assist in reporting.
- Assists with Chamber events as necessary.
- Performs other tasks and duties assigned by the Chamber or volunteer leadership of the Region 3 West Alabama Works Workforce Development Council.
- Coordinates special projects as assigned.
- An understanding workforce and/or economic development is helpful, but not required.
- Previous clerical experience is helpful.
- Must be adaptable to changing programs, workforce needs, and areas of focus.
- Must be able to work well with a variety of individuals from education, post-secondary, industry, and government, as all are involved in West Alabama Works.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Exceptional people skills with an outgoing personality
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Self-starter with a high degree of professionalism
- Ability to perform job function with minimal daily supervision
- Thinks innovatively to offer new ideas, concepts and solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Must be able to work normal hours of 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; participation in morning and evening meetings/events is also required
- Occasional out-of-town travel may be required
- Ability to perform all essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation, including regular and predictable attendance, the ability to get along well with others, and represent the Chamber and West Alabama Works in a professional and positive manner
- Reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Maintains a high ethical standard in dealing with information of a highly confidential nature
- Works cooperatively and positively with all Chamber staff members and West Alabama Works colleagues to promote an environment of excellence and teamwork
Compensation and Benefits:
Please send a cover letter, résumé and references to:
Chamber of Commerce of West Alabama
ATTN: Donny Jones, Chief Operating Officer (COO)
P.O. Box 020410
Tuscaloosa, AL 35402
Friday, April 14, 2017